1. I never rocked or held my son until he slept. We thought, and still think, from the very beginning that this would only lead him to rely on us to get to sleep. I know some folks do this and just love it. For us? No way. Sleepy time is sleepy time and cuddling can be reserved for other times. NOTE: KJ has slept through the night since 2 months old. So it can't be that detrimental. He sleeps now from 7:30pm - 8:00am without waking.
2. I give him sweet things and *gasp* juice! Yes, my son is only 1 and has tasted the sweet things of life like chocolate, juice and even a lollipop. Oh, and he's had french fries too! (Ready to call DSS yet?)
3. I will not homeschool. Nope. No way. No how. If you are cut out for this and it is how you want/can do things in your family, well then more power to ya. I have no interest in it nor do I think it is necessary to raise healthy, grounded Christian children. It is not something I am convicted about. (NOTE: I have no problem with homeschooling. Just the opposite. I think it is great for one main reason... more time with your kids. The rest? Eh, you don't need to be the sole influence on your kids to raise them right.)
4. KJ has many noisy toys. Yes, and some of them even operate on batteries! His favorite things right now are a wooden spoon and an empty box, but the other toys are still there and I don't plan to throw them out.
5. I work outside of my home. Whoa! Bad Andi. Big fat sinner bad mommy Andi. Ready to call the Pope or Grand Pooba of your church? Go for it. I have a job and I actually LOVE it. Do I love being with my son? Of course I do. More than anything in the world. But I also love to work. I love to make a difference both inside and outside of my domicile. A crazy, reckless mama am I!
6. I am admittedly too quick to pick up my son when he is upset. My husband chastises me all the time. If he is crying or fussing I give in to him way too easy. I am a sucker for my cute kid.
7. I have said many a swear word in front of my infant son. I am fearful that the first real word out of his mouth will be something unspeakable. I am working on this. No, I do not swear regularly but sometimes you are really upset and screaming "Oh shoot" or "darnit" just doesn't cut it.
8. Most assuredly my son will be addicted to name brand shoes. He is 1 and has already owned at least 25 pairs of shoes. I just bought him the freaking cutest pair of K-Swiss sneakers online last week.
9. I have no idea when I will be able to get KJ to stop drinking from his bottle. He still gets four a day. Yes, he is totally on milk only now but we still let him have the bottle. My friend Laura had her son off of the bottle completely at 13 months. God bless her. I don't know how she did it.
10. I love my son more than anything in this world. He will have serious mommy issues when he is older because of this. I dote on him too much, I let him have his way too much, and I love on him too much. I plan to embarrass him as much as possible as a teenager.
I LOVE YOU MY LITTLE MAN!